This website is operated by Women’s Wellness with Liezel. We take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about on:
- who we are,
- how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information,
- your rights in relation to your personal information, and
- how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
Who we are
Women’s Wellness with Liezel (‘we’ or ‘us’) collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data protection Regulations which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
- a) Personal information you provide to us
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
Contact information including email address
Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
When registering for an account
When purchasing online
When using the Contact page to make an enquiry
When registering for an online newsletter
- b) Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and
shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
- c) Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects (‘flash cookies’) and single-pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users’ actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on this website.
to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site.
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
In addition it should be noted that in some cases our cookies or similar technologies may be owned and controlled by third parties who will also collect personal information about you.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use your personal information
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis and will only be processed to enable us to:
- provide safe and effective pilates classes/sessions, personal training services and nutrition advise
- provide safe and effective workshop education
- provide safe and effective pilates and fitness classes
- advertise our pilates classes, personal training, classes and workshop services
- We will only send you relevant emails regarding these services
- to maintain our own accounts and records.
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information with:
Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
We will never share your data with a third party or external agencies. In the unlikely occasion that we should need to share your data with any other party, such as a Women’s Health Physiotherapist, we would only do this with your prior written consent.
The website www.womenswellnesswithliezel.co.uk is powered and hosted by WordPress. WordPress utilizes cookies to track the pages that visitors to our website look at for statistical purposes only. If you would like to use the automated booking system or the payments processor Stripe (for card payments) via our website/Facebook when booking an appointment or onto an event or workshop etc. then these payments processors and service providers have their own privacy policies which you need to read and ensure you are happy before utilising them. WordPress and Stripe will email Women’s Wellness with Liezel with any proof of payment and this email will include the event you have paid for together with your name, address, email, card details and telephone number
We will not share you personal information with any other 3rd parties.
We would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions and our business which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone, text message or automated call.
We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e. on purchase, signing up to a newsletter, entering a competition etc). If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time (see ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information). If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want you can contact us using the details provided below.
Whether personal information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of the following information is required from you:
We will only ask for or collect personal information when you contact us, use our Services or work with us:
- personal details which include the following contact information: your name, date of birth, email, postal address, telephone numbers;
- Health information to ensure you have no contraindications to exercise or nutrition services to plan safe and effective exercise for you: Including GP details, emergency contact, medical history, lifestyle information and information agreed with you to progress/adapt your exercise prescription and for nutritional advise
- bank details (only requested if we need to pay you a refund by BACS) otherwise not required; once the transaction has been completed the details are deleted.
- The only personal or sensitive data recorded, as laid out above, is information you will have given willingly to Women’s Wellness with Liezel at our online or face-to-face assessment and 1:1 sessions/classes/workshops or via the contacts page on our website. If you wanted to request to see this information again at any time please put a request to do so in writing to Women’s Wellness with Liezel via email: email@example.com and I will respond with a date of when this information will be given to you (normally within 30 days).
This is to enable us to do the following:
Health information to ensure you have no contraindications to exercise or nutrition services to plan safe and effective exercise for you: Including GP details, emergency contact, medical history, lifestyle information and information agreed with you to progress/adapt your exercise prescription and for nutritional advice.
Bank details (only requested if we need to pay you a refund by BACS) otherwise not required; once the transaction has been completed the details are deleted.
The only personal or sensitive data recorded, as laid out above, is information you will have given willingly to Women’s Wellness with Liezel at our online or face-to-face assessment and 1:1 sessions/classes/workshops or via the contacts page on our website. If you wanted to request to see this information again at any time please put a request to do so in writing to Women’s Wellness with Liezel via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will respond with a date of when this information will be given to you (normally within 30 days).
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal information will be kept
When you place an order through the site, we will maintain your Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
These periods are no longer than necessary in each case.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
- We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your consent.
- Hand written records of each and every assessment, personal training session, class or workshop session attended will be stored in a securely locked facility which only the Data controller has access to.
- Personal contact data via email is stored on a password protected computer only accessible by the Data Controller.
- We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
- Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be completely secure.
- Any payments which we take from you online we will use a recognised online secure payment system.
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
- We will retain your personal data for as long as you are a user of our Services or we are working together.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Indeed, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA at any time.
Children and the validity of consent
- We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
- If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving license, passport or a recent credit card/utility bill)
- let us know the information to which your request relates
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by: